1. To develop strong character, determination, and respect for one another
2. To act with a positive outlook and to understand that negativity is a waste of valuable time.
3. To use positive suggestions instead of negative criticism.
4. Competition should be within yourself and not with others.
5. To always do our best and constantly improve ourselves.
6. To believe in ourselves and never give up.
7. Never be too busy to help another.
8. To understand that strength in character is the best action in our success.
What Pentjak Silat Offers Its Students Through its program of stretching and exercising, Pentjak Silat offers development of muscle tone and strength, balance, cardiovascular and respiratory systems, and flexibility. In Pentjak Silat you will find new energy, better health, and improved self-discipline. You will achieve these ends with regimented training and sheer power of your will.
The Student's Commitment
As a student, you must demonstrate discipline, respect for the school, respect for the instructors, and respect for fellow students. You must have a serious and determined attitude, and bring some lesson with you from each class in which you participate.
TRUE CHARACTER: No matter how hard you train in the classroom, you will never be a true martial artist if you leave your training at the door. Humility, respect, positive attitude and compassion make up your character and true character is not a part time virtue. How you treat yourself and others outside the classroom is just as important as how you treat your fellow students. The best martial artists are of strong character and compassion, so always remember even when you're not in the classroom, you should still be training, improving and learning.